Skip to main content

What's In My Make-Up Purse?


The stuff I use change all the time. I sometimes switch my hydrating products and moisturizers, concealers, brushes, and foundation, switching them on days depending on the need. And because I have the worst skin ever, thanks to pimples and the marks they leave, I need products that not just do the job in highlighting my facial features, covering my marks, but are also hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic. 


As I write this (emphasis placed), these are the go-to products which are (in)conveniently tucked inside my little red Estee Lauder make-up purse. I also carry along a make-up organizer where I place my other make-up brushes, make-up palettes, make-up remover and gel soap, and other moisturizers.





Just like any other girls or women, I constantly change what I put inside my purse, depending on the availability or need.

And so right now, these are what you will see inside my make-up purse ---

Moisturizer: Estee Lauder Nutritious Vita-Mineral Moisture Creme

I have used many  Estee Lauder products and I find this product wonderful. It feels a little bit oily at the beginning but once absorbed it makes my skin feel soft and moisturized. I carry this all the time along with my other moisturizers. The moisturizers I bring and use depends on how my skin feels at the time I need to use one. There are times I want my skin to feel matte or dewey and there are times I have to use moisturizerss with or without SPF. 

Hydration: Clarins Hydraquench Bi-serum (Anti-Soif)

This is my lifesaver when it comes to instant hydration. Since I do not get enough sleep everyday and extend hours in my work, I need a product that hydrates my skin fast. Clarins Hydraquench Bi-serum (Anti-Soif) does the job and does it quick. I usually use this midday at work during lunch break. I wash my face first then spritz this on my face, spread it using my fingers, count about five seconds to let skin absorb it, and my face is ready for make-up. (See my separate review on this product here in this blog). 

Highlighter/Brightener: Sansans Concealer in Beige 

I use this on my chin and the sides of my nose. This is the most compact brightener that I see in my make-up stash now. This is what I have now as brightener or highlighter for the sides of my nose, upper cheeks, and forehead. This also helps remove the redness of my face due to the pimple marks. I sometimes replace this with yellow or beige eyeshadow.

Concealer: Cover Girl Clean Oil Control Liquid Make-up in Beige

This is my overall concealer. It blends easily unto the skin. I currently use the beige color which is the perfect shade for my skin tone. What I love most about Cover Girl Clean Oil Control Liquid Make-up is that it does not clog pores. I was hesitant to use it at first, it being a liquid foundation. Liquid foundations tend be look heavy on the face but this product is different as it is ultra-light and really absorbs oil. I use it on my cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin.

Contouring: Jane Bronzer; Countouring Brush from Sephora

Powder: Cover Girl Clean Pressed Powder, Oil Control, in Warm Beige
This powder is non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic and this is important to me because I have an acne-prone skin. I use this to seal the make-up I initially put on my face and, of course, for touch-ups all throughout the day. I have a very oily skin so this product helps me in making sure the shine is controlled, thanks to the matte-finish it gives. I like the warm beige shade as it complements well with the Beige Cover Girl Clean Oil Control Liquid Make-up that I also currently use. It comes with a puff which I already have discarded since I prefer powder or kabuki brushes.

Eyes: Eyelashes -  Clinique High Definition Lashes, Clinique High Lengths Maskara, Clinique Lash Doubling Maskara; Eyebrows: Elizabeth Arden Eyeshadow in Aura

Yes, I use three maskaras in my daily make-up. Please see my review on this link : http://ayapowerstylista.blogspot.com/2012/11/clinique-maskaras-review-clinique.html

 

Hair: Spiked Rubber Band


Hair rubber bands are a staple for me. I have my bad hair days and hair rubber bands just solve the issue. I can just put my hair in a ponytail, high or low, or make a bun.  I am currently using my recently-purchased über-cute spiked rubber band and will just go back to my plain black rubber bands as the spikes hurt my scalp and tangle with my hair. 

Brushes: Foundation, Powder, and Highlighting Brushes from Sephora

So you, what's in your make-up purse right now?

xoxo Always keep your sparkle! Ayapowers 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anna Christine Speckhart

Photo of Anna Christine Speckhart - Fashion Model - ID287478 - Profile... (clipped to polyvore.com )

LA Girl Pro Conceal Review: Just Exactly Perfect

I just found for myself a perfect go-to concealer which is not exactly expensive yet gives the medium coverage I ever wanted. I bought the Pure Beige shade and the color matches my skin upon application. The product comes in a small tube that would probably last one month of regular use. The LA Girl Pro Conceal HD is easy to apply -- just squeeze the tube and out comes the product from the brush attached to the tube. I sometimes use the brush to spread the concealer on my face but often just use my index ring finger to properly apply and cover my acne scars and blemishes.  It is non-greasy and does crease. I apply it as I use the LA Girl CC cream and then top it with the pressed powder from the same brand. I only re-apply after half a day and before leaving work for home.  Beauty SCORES: * Bad, bad **Good enough *** Lovin' it ****OMG. This is perfect. *****Nothing gets this score. Seriously. LA Girl HD Pro Conceal gets a ****! I am so LOVIN' IT!!!

Diamond Peel @Dermaesthetique Ortigas Review

It has been a week since I had my diamond peel treatment at Dermaesthetique in Ortigas but, yeah, it's never too late to share my experience. I went with my friend Jacky who frequents Dermaesthetique for diamond peels and IPLs. We went to the clinic in Ortigas although, as I found out, also has a branch in Quezon City. Jacky and I rode a cab from ABS-CBN in QC and took the EDSA route going to SM Megamall. She said she wanted to go to the mall first before heading to the clinic, which is just at the back of building A. We bought some stuff at the National Bookstore and headed to the supermarket to get milk tea at Tea 101. Jacky was so happy upon knowing that the prices of the milk teas in the SM Megamall branch of Tea 101 cheaper than the Tomas Morato branch. We ordered Rock Salt Choco-- the taste was just heavenly!! I wanted to buy lumpia but Jacky told me not to as she said I might smell like vinegar when we have our diamond peel so I just got California Maki. The bui